But wait, you say Atomos just came out with the Shogun and the Flame, correct! But this baby is the Shogun on STEROIDS!!!
Atomos invented the all-in-one monitor recorder category and now redefine it with the Shogun Inferno. It is the combination of the most advanced monitor technologies – 1500nit/10bit/HDR, the latest recording capability – 4Kp60 over Quad-SDI, along with playback & editing functionality that encourages on set collaboration. Shogun Inferno makes mastering a high resolution, high frame rate, high dynamic range workflow available to all filmmakers.
Shogun Inferno sits as the flagship model in the new 8-strong Atomos HDR line-up which has expanded to include HDR as a free update to the Blade HD series, Ninja Assassin, Shogun and Shogun Studio along with the recently announced Flame series.
“The best technology booms are the ones that truly WOW long standing professionals. HDR on the Atomos products leaves even the most experienced video professional excited like a kid in a candy store – never before have you actually been able to monitor and shoot what you are actually seeing” said Jeromy Young CEO and Co-founder. “Just as we opened up the changeover from MPEG to ProRes and the upgrade from HD to 4K, we’re focused on ensuring the exciting breakthrough that is HDR easily becomes part of every filmmaker’s arsenal. To do this all at 4K 60p is a real revolution”.
But you will have to wait until the 3rd quarter for the release. it has all the features of the premium Shogun at only US $1995 , plus all this…
Personally, I can’t wait to get my hands on this baby!!!
• AtomHDR; AtomHDR lets you shoot with the high brightness range of your camera’s Log profile and preview the final, vibrant post-production HDR result.
• 4K 60p; Record and play out pristine ProRes/ DNxHR in 4K resolution and 24/25/30/50/60p frame rates.
• HD 240p; Apart from 4K recording, high frame rate HD from 50p to 240p can be recorded from cameras that output these high frame rates.
• Quad SDI; The Quad SDI inputs let you connect from cameras with 1.5/3/6/12G SDI outputs without the need for converters.
• Raw recording; Capture the RAW output from Sony FS7/ FS700 and Canon C300MKII/C500 over SDI, recording to either ProRes, DNxHR or CDNG.
• 10-bit monitor; 10-bit monitor processing increases the number of colors from 16.7 million for standard 8-bit panels to 1.07 billion, minimizing color banding on screen.
• 7” 1500nit brightness; For Standard Dynamic Range (SDR) shooting ramp the brightness slider up to 1500 nit for hood-free outdoor monitoring.
• Apple ProRes & AVID DNxHR recording; Record to visually-lossless Apple ProRes or AVID DNxHD in Rec709 or Log formats as an edit friendly, visually lossless industry benchmark independent of the camera brand used.
• PQ in/out; Take PQ out into larger HDR compatible screens or feed HDR from your NLE into the PQ input for HDR grading using the Inferno.
• Custom looks; Apply a custom look to footage by uploading and applying “.cube” 3D LUT’s. View in full/half mode on screen, output it to a monitor or record into the footage.
• Continuous power; Our patent pending Continuous power system automatically swaps to the second battery when power is low for uninterrupted recording in the field.
• Playlist generation; Create playlists easily, either entire clips or tagged parts of clips, for playback on the unit or out to a larger screen.
The Shogun Inferno ships with host of accessories including a HPRC hard case, a snap-fast HDR sunhood, fast battery charger, control cable, 2 x NP-F750 4 cell batteries, USB 3 Docking Station, D-Tap Cable, 5 x Master Caddy Cases, Break-out XLR cable and a 12 V 3A AC-DC Power Adapter. MSRP is US $1995 with availability in Q3 2016.