Seems like the current circuit to bend is the Xbox 360 Kinect controller Hack and Microsoft seems all but encouraging the trend. Companies like Belgian software Softkinetic are pushing a content developer program for engineers to am a stab at a cottage industry. Ever since an open source PC driver was devised to turn Kinect into a standard USB device, amateur developers are creatively applying new concepts to apply to a”controller-less controller.” DIY developers have turned Kinect into a 3D live rendering camera, a controller for a self-piloting quadracopter, a Windows 7 peripheral, aninvisible piano keyboard, and dozens of other tools. This is 3D “free space” being used as a controller. In early November, a $2,000 “bounty” was offered for the first person to hack the device. After the clever hacks started rolling out, Xbox spokesman Alex Kipman said in a radio interview that the “hack” was built upon a quality of Kinect that was intentionally left unprotected. He also went on to say that fans using this hack would not be legally punished.
Have a question for the 3DGuy / Explore World TV?
Please leave a comment and we will reply to you.
Copyright ©2010 Al Caudullo All rights reserved. The content and photos within may not be distributed electronically or copied mechanically without specific written permission. The content within is based upon information provided to the editor, which is believed to be reliable. Data within is subject to change. Al Caudullo is not responsible for errors or omissions.
- Related Blogs on 3d
- 3D landscape in HTML5 canvas | Seb Lee-Delisle
- Web Design Case Study
- Related Blogs on 3d effects
- Seb Lee-Delisle » Blog Archive » Simple 3D in HTML5 canvas
- Free 3D Solitaire with Special Effects » My Digital Life
- satine.org » Snow Stack is Here
- Related Blogs on 3d event
- 3D Blog » Blog Archive » 3 Days Until Phoenix Fashion Week!
- 3D INDIA – Tune the World at Juhu Beach Mumbai India – LIVE
- G-FORCE 3D | News Event Movie Music Making Money Sport Tips