LG to unveil passive-glasses 3D TVs at CES LG today continued with a string of pre-CES introductions by showing a new TV range that could eliminate many of the headaches of 3D. Check 3dguy.tv daily for up to date posts on all CES 2011 related content.
The LW6500 uses passive glasses instead of active and, combined with new 3D film on the LCD, is much easier to accept for 3D. They produce a brighter, more flicker-free image that reduces the crosstalk from the two parts of the stereoscopic image, improving the actual end result. Moving to the technology also reduces weight and pricing of the glasses relative to active shutter glasses. LG notes that its technique supports a wide viewing angle and is visible in 3D from virtually every angle. Most of the specifications haven’t been handed out for the LW6500 sets, but they will come in 42-, 47-, 55- and 65-inch sizes. More details should come at LG’s CES press events, but the company plans to show a blitz of 3D displays using the new 3D film and glasses when appropriate, including an OLED TV, projectors, stand-alone computer displays and those built into notebooks.
Have a question for the 3DGuy?
Please leave a comment and we will reply to you.
Copyright ©2010 Al Caudullo All rights reserved. The content and photos within may not be distributed electronically or copied mechanically without specific written permission. The content within is based upon information provided to the editor, which is believed to be reliable. Data within is subject to change. Al Caudullo is not responsible for errors or omissions.
- Related Blogs on 3d
- 3D landscape in HTML5 canvas | Seb Lee-Delisle
- Related Blogs on 3d event
- 3D Blog » Blog Archive » 3 Days Until Phoenix Fashion Week!
- 3D INDIA – Tune the World at Juhu Beach Mumbai India – LIVE
- G-FORCE 3D | News Event Movie Music Making Money Sport Tips
- Income Tax Online
- Related Blogs on 3d technology
- HDI concocts 100-inch laser-based 3D HDTV, calls rivaling …
- ESA Step: Satellite-Delivered 3D television at home – Technology.am