360fly, Inc., maker of the category-leading, single-lens camera that captures stitchless 360-degree video with interactive and mobile virtual reality viewing capabilities, today announced retail availability for its new 360fly® 4K camera. The product is now arriving at retail locations and will continue to rollout through the month of June. Unveiled at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas earlier this year, the 360fly 4K camera boasts a higher resolution than its predecessor, intuitive filming and editing advancements, and live mobile streaming capabilities via the LIVIT mobile app.
At $499, the 360fly 4K camera is available online at 360fly.com and in-store at U.S. retailers, including Best Buy, Target, REI, Dick’s Sporting Goods, Walmart and specialty retailers. The camera is also launching internationally in regions including Europe,Australia, New Zealand, Mexico, Latin America, Canada, South Africa and China.
“This is an exciting global launch for us, as the 360fly 4K camera is even more accessible via specialty retailers and our expanded presence in big-box stores, like Best Buy, Target, REI and Dick’s Sporting Goods,” said Peter Adderton, 360fly CEO. “Coupled with the original 360fly HD camera – consumers now have two outstanding options – whether they’re new to the usage and benefits of 360-degree video or a more seasoned ‘pro’ interested in higher production applications or live streaming content.”
The 360fly® 4K camera adds a powerful new image sensor that nearly quadruples the resolution of the original 360fly HD camera, producing 2880×2880-pixel, 360-degree 4K video. Additionally, the 360fly 4K camera will offer the following upgraded and advanced features:
- LIVIT Live Streaming: In partnership with LIVIT, camera users can live stream their 360-degree content across the LIVIT mobile app – so your friends and family can see all the action in real time; no editing or uploading required.
- Front-Facing Cam (“First-person POV Mode”): Not all situations require a 360-degree field of view. During those times, 360fly 4K users can select “POV Mode” to record video or capture a photograph in the traditional point-and-shoot style. “POV Mode” records in a 16:9 aspect ratio at 2560×1440-pixel resolution, with a field of view of 178×100 degrees (204 diagonal).
- Time-Lapse Video Mode: Tell a story in a dramatic fashion by capturing a 360-degree time-lapse video. Users can select 0.5, 1, 2, 5, 10, 30 or 60-second shutter intervals.
- Telemetry: The 360fly 4K camera features a built-in GPS sensor to tag locations, an altimeter, and an accelerometer – all powered by an advanced Qualcomm Snapdragon processor. Users can track altitude and speed, and use third-party applications to overlay the data into their existing 360-degree video content.
- Expanded Internal Memory: The 360fly 4K camera boasts 64GB of internal memory. With increased storage, there’s no need to pause your adventures to offload video.
- OnePush™ Button Color-Coding: For clearer visibility and mode recognition, the 360fly 4K camera features an enhanced design with color-coded lighting around the OnePush button and the bottom ring of the mounting dock.
“Since day one, it has been our goal to bring 360-degree video to the masses and democratize virtual reality through innovative products that are easily accessible and competitively priced,” said Adderton. “The more advanced features and image quality of our 4K camera raise the bar and provide a compelling production vehicle, whether the need is personal or professional.”
The 360fly® 4K camera is waterproof down to 30 feet and has a battery life of up to an hour and a half. Like the original, the 360fly 4K camera comes standard with Bluetooth, built-in Wi-Fi, and is compatible with a free Android and iOS mobile app that allows users to share content to popular social platforms, like Facebook, YouTube, and more.
360fly HD and 4K cameras are available at www.360fly.com for $399 and $499, respectively. To find a retailer or a specialty store near you, visit the Store Locator. Follow 360fly on Twitter and Instagram @360fly, “like” it on Facebook at facebook.com/360fly, and subscribe to its YouTube channel.
360fly creates unique, 360-degree digital products that inspire users to capture, share, and experience life’s greatest moments in 360 degrees. Our passion has led us to redefine video capture, because we believe life is too rich to capture just part of it.