Magic Bullet Suite has became an indispensable tool for every edit that I do. Red Giant Magic Bullet is what I use on my new TV show, “Bangkok Fight Night” and “Ancient Angkor 4K”.
They have just released Magic Bullet Suite 12 with some very cool new features and a fun little film aptly titled “Old/New”, – a new short film directed by Seth Worley and narrated by actor/comedian Patton Oswalt (“Ratatouille,” “Young Adult,” “Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.,” “The Goldbergs”). A huge film lover himself, Patton Oswalt recently released his book “Silver Screen Fiend.”
So what’s new…
Magic Bullet Looks
Powerful looks and color correction for filmmakers.
- – 198 brand-new, fully-customizable Look presets.
- – Over 40 Powerful Tools to customize or build new Looks.
- – The best, most-intuitive color correction experience in the industry.
Magic Bullet Colorista III
Professional color correction for filmmakers.
– Color Correct directly on your timeline – stay in your host-app.
– Essential, powerful color correction tools for the Pro.
– Integrated with the masking features built in to Adobe AE and PPro.
Magic Bullet Film
The look of real motion picture film.
- – Emulates the entire photochemical process for an authentic look.
- – Mix and match 22 negative stocks and 4 print stocks.
- – Includes accurate, measured film grain and a foolproof vignette tool
Magic Bullet Mojo
The look of a Hollywood blockbuster in seconds.
– Instantly gives your footage an action movie color grade.
– Accentuates and protects skin tones. Cools off your backgrounds.
– Highly customizable – Cool things off, warm them up, bleach them, and more.
Magic Bullet Cosmo 2.0
Fast, simple cosmetic cleanup.
– The fastest way to make your talent look their best.
– Quickly balance skin tones, reducing wrinkles and remove blemishes.
– Intuitive, simple controls to keep skin looking natural and consistent.
Easy video noise reduction.
– Provides immediate one-step results.
– Removes noise while preserving detail.
– Cleans up footage shot in low light or at high ISOs.
Import, create and export Lookup Tables.
– Export a 1D or 3D LUT to easily communicate color with compliant software.
– Create LUTs for use in BulletProof, or read LUTs generated there.
– Works in Multiple Host applications including Premiere Pro and After Effects.
Below is the original press release and links to the video and the product.
Watch Old/New now here: https://www.youtube.com/
Old/New is the story of Drew McHugh, a man whose penchant for the new – new devices, new fashion, new friends – is challenged when he discovers the rustic appeal of old-fashioned things. He quickly becomes obsessed with the reclaimed and well worn – plummeting face-first down the rabbit hole of novelty and nostalgia.
The film is co-written by director Seth Worley and executive producer Aharon Rabinowitz. Together, Seth and Aharon have collaborated on six Red Giant films, including the Webby Award-winning “Plot Device,” as well as the critically-acclaimed films “Tempo” and “Spy Vs. Guy.” The quality of these films has also earned Seth major work outside of Red Giant, directing projects for clients like JJ Abrams’ Bad Robot Productions.
“Seth is a crazy-talented filmmaker,” said Aharon Rabinowitz, who is also Red Giant’s head of marketing. “We love working with him to tell stories that are both fun and visually exciting. He has a unique aesthetic that never disappoints.”
Like its predecessors, “Old/New” is full of visual effects, some obvious, and some very subtle. To help demystify the filmmaking process, Red Giant has also released a behind the scenes mini-documentary that walks viewers through their workflow – writing, art direction, filming, editing, color correction and visual effects.
Watch the behind-the-scenes video here: https://www.youtube.com/
“Red Giant is a company made up of filmmakers, visual effects artists and people who love telling stories,” said Rabinowitz. “With each film we make, we learn more about the evolving process of filmmaking. It’s an important part of how we’re able to create new tools for filmmakers, and how we’re able to keep the existing ones relevant.”
“Old/New” was created to help show off the power of Red Giant’s filmmaking and visual effects tools, with a focus on the new Magic Bullet Suite 12 – a set of seven tools for color correction, finishing, and film looks for filmmakers. The suite, a mainstay of the broadcast and filmmaking industries, includes Magic Bullet Looks, a color grading tool that is consistently voted the #1 plug-in for editors, year after year, and Colorista III, which gives filmmakers powerful, real-time color correction, directly on the editing timeline.
Magic Bullet Suite 12 also introduces the all-new Magic Bullet Film, a tool that gives digital footage the look of real motion picture film by emulating the photochemical process – from the film negative, to color grading, and finally to the print stock. In fact, with it’s ability to easily give footage a modern or vintage film treatment, Magic Bullet Film was the inspiration for the story in “Old/New.”
“Red Giant is a company that understands filmmakers and values storytelling, and their products really speak to that,” said Worley. “It’s why I’ve been relying on their tools for years.”
Magic Bullet Suite is available now at RedGiant.com. For a full list of new tools and features available in the Magic Bullet Suite 12, please visit http://www.redgiant.com/
About Red Giant
Red Giant is a software company made up of talented artists and technologists who collaborate to create unique tools for filmmakers, editors, VFX artists, and motion designers. Our company culture is focused on finding balance between work and life – we call it “the double bottom line” – this philosophy helps us ignore complexity in favor of building simple tools that yield giant results. Over the last decade, our products (like Magic Bullet and Trapcode) have become the standard in film and broadcast post-production – With over 200,000 users, it’s nearly impossible to watch 20 minutes of TV without seeing our software in use. From our experiences as artists and filmmakers, we aspire not only to provide tools for artists, but inspiration as well. Watch our films, learn from over 200 free tutorials, or try our software at redgiant.com.